Ingrown Public Hair Bumps

I have read many medical forums on the Internet and I couldn't help but notice that one common theme was among male readers who were concerned about unnatural lump in public area of male. Indeed, across the many discussion boards, the issue of bumps on public area of male seems to intrigue a lot of people, regardless of their age or sexual profile. So the immediate indication is that a wider public looks to be affected by it but seriously, how concerned should they be?

Let us first put the issue in perspective. The general description often points to an unnatural and small growth around the pubic hair region. It is usually no bigger than a pea cut in half. The color tends to vary and it tends to settle just below the skin area and it could become sore. The pain is unmistakable and the sensation could intensify with more pressure applied onto the affected area. Some also complained about the presence of pus but this does not constitute a universal symptom.

These male complainants come from varying backgrounds; from early teens to full-grown adults. Since a substantial proportion of these people did confess that they have never engaged in sex before, it becomes clear that this is not a condition related to STDs (short for sexually transmitted diseases).

Some supposedly "Internet medical experts" would point to inflamed follicles in the pubic region to be the main culprit. But this idea is often shot down by others as it may not necessarily be the case, since a large number of them are not in the practice of shaving their pubic hair. Indeed, knowing a little is a dangerous thing. First, you do not have to shave a region for the ingrown hairs to grow, as hairs will grow and fall out no matter what and then grow again (this explains the reason why our pubic and body hairs do not get beyond a certain length). Any newly emerged hair could have the same chance to become ingrown just like any shaven hair can, although the likelihood of such occurrence is really rare.

There is also another camp who try to argue from the angle of dermatologists; that our overactive sebaceous cysts are behind this phenomenon and that this is pretty common among men. The medical name for these trouble spots is Fordyce. They normally manifest themselves on the scrotum, while some can be spotted on the base and lower shaft of the penis. You can seek laser intervention to get rid of these or your GP could easily use tweezers to remove them mechanically. However, general advice is not to scratch them as they are not known to cause any problems.

Another reason not to interfere directly with such spots is that they could be blocked veins or small aneurysms, as a result of poor blood circulation (e.g. from sitting too much), and when they are accidentally scratched, bleeding could follow.